Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
175 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for difficulty in conceiving

Answered by
Dr. Soumya


Practicing since :2010

Answered : 2977 Questions

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi sir I am struggling problem with fertilization. I have got huge ovarian cyst in my right over and it got been completely removed eight years back and the things got normal with me no mensural pain nothing. But five months back i just got married after my marriage i have noticed that i am suffering with sever abdominal pain and heavy bleeding, later i went to my gynecologist and she told me that i have a chocolate cyst in my left ovary. I am seriously planning to get pregnant but things are not going well with me sir. Please advise me how to improve chances of getting fertilization. I read so many articles on endometriosis and i am psychologically depressed, i have seen your answers in health care magic and i am just asking your advise
Answered by Dr. Soumya 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
IUI is a better option

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about endometriosis.

You need to undergo laparoscopic removal of endometriotic cyst if the cyst is big.

If the cyst is small take few doses of GnRh agonist from your doctor to decrease the size of cyst and pain associated with endometriosis.

If you are not willing for surgery, you can undergo couple of cycles of IUI ( Intrauterine insemination) to hasten pregnancy process.

If you dont conceive with IUI, IVF is a better choice as you are already 30 years of age and have endometriosis.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on  Abdominal pain

doctor1 MD

hi i am ischemia .i was using embetea am 50.i was well .know another doctor suggest me to take nicardia retard,ciplar 20, and dilzem 30.after using...

doctor1 MD

My 12-year old has been out of school for 5 weeks... can t figure out what s wrong, Lower Abdominal pain extending into her back. CT showed...

doctor1 MD

After just eating, i had a sudden sharp excruitating pain in my collar bone which has travelled down to my stomach. It only lasted 10 minutes but...

doctor1 MD

I believe I had gallstones, due to the similar symptoms described by many on various internet sites. I managed to relieve some the symptoms, such...

doctor1 MD

My husband got very nauseated and extremely sweaty while urinating. He also got shaky. This happened once before about 5 years ago. What could...

doctor1 MD

I'm having slight bleeding when I urinate and also light vaginal bleeding . I am also having slight abdominal pain . I had cervical cancer and had...

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor so my partner and i had a baby 8 and a half months ago we were using condoms as protection. I have underacfive thyroid . We decided last...