• question-icon

Suggest treatment for delayed menstruation while having PCOS

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: We have been tring for children since this XXXXXXX 2017 and discovered that i am having PCOS when i reported that i have abnormal periods to my doctor. She suggested to use birth control pills for 3 months and try to conceive the next 2 months. I have completed pills in May and we were planning in XXXXXXX During 14-15 days post menstruation ie ovulation period i had slight cramps in my left lower abdomin and severe pain on 14th day which is relaxed then after. I still continue to have slight cramps on my left lower abdomin which i feel during movements like jumping, bending etc. My last period was on May 18 and till now i do not have symptoms of pregnacy nor periods. I had taken test at home on XXXXXXX 12th but it was a negative. Can you suggest that why am i experiencing abdominal cramps since my ovulation which i never had. Should i wait for pregnancy symptoms for more time or consult a doctor??
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Repeat the pregnancy test after a week

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
When one stops the oral contraceptive pills after 3 cycles, then the subsequent ovulation can be painful and associated with cramps.
Moreover, associated delayed periods can be due to pregnancy. XXXXXXX 12 was too early to detect pregnancy.
I will suggest you to wait for a week and if till then there are no periods, then repeat the urine pregnancy test done to confirm the pregnancy.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 20 hours later
What are the food items that i should avoid in PCOS
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Avoid high carbohydrate and oily food

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
You should avoid oily food, high carbohydrates and bakery products in future.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine