Suggest treatment for costochondritis
I feel as I don't have the capacity as I did a month ago. I do find that ice and heat help with the pains. I had blood work done in Septmber and my nt- probnp came back perfect. Since I have seen a orthopedic who said he though it was costochondritis and prescribe meloxicam 15mg. I visited one more doctor who said he believed the samething. He listend to my heart and said he saw no reason for me to have anymore test. During the panic attacks I noticed that my blood pressure never really went up and my heart rate almost stayed the same 130/70 and around 80bpm. I have woken up at night with small pains in chest and feel like my left arm and leg are numb and need to sit up for a few minutues. I did have a EKG ran but my doctor was not in and from what I can gather it was normal, no one told me differently and when I asked the nurse she said it was fine.
My question is can costochrondritis cause me to feel like I have heart problems? I worry about it being Atrial fibrillation or something worst instead of costochondritis.
Costochondritis may make you feel like you have cardiac problems...
I read your query very carefully and understood your concerns.
Costochondritis can cause chest pain (and other mentioned symptoms and signs) which can make the patient feel like he has heart problems.
You said that you have done an ECG. Can you upload the image for me so I can rule out/in atrial fibrillation.
Moreover if you were my patients I would suggest doing the following examinations to exclude definitely cardiac nature:
- Cardiac ECHO (exclude heart damage due to trauma, pericarditis ect)
- Stress test (exclude ischemic heart disease)
- Holter monitoring (exclude cardiac arrhythmias)
Hope this was of help!
Wish you health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Palpitations or costochondritis
- Costochondritis and breathlessness
- Treatment and cure for costochondral inflammation
- Costochondritis treatment pregnancy
- What is the treatment for chest pain and costochondritis
- Is leader naproxen sodium used in the treatment of costochondritis?
- Ayurvedic treatment for costochondritis
- Hypermobility costochondritis on painkillers treatment for symptoms
- Quick pulse chest pain bruises costochondritis on exercising treatment
- Ultrasound treatment for costochondritis
- Had amputated percussion breaks in spine. Dealing with chronic pain....
- Took valtrex and vitimans B complex for shingles. Pain in temple,...
- Why is the heart beating rapidly only at night?
- Have cold sweats, nausea, dizziness and elevated blood pressure. On BP...
- Experiencing dizziness. Blood pressure 143/80. Do not get enough sleep....
- Should I be worried about a pulse reading of 103?
- Taking metformin. Getting swollen lymph nodes. Suggest medication?
- History of heart attack. Having ventricular premature beat. Will I get...
- Diagnosed with gastritis and hernia. No improvement with prevacid. What...
- Feel like blood is not circulating in legs. Which specialist should I see?