Suggest treatment for conjunctivitis

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Child Health
Question: hi my kid is suffering from eye infection. plz refer the attached images, he is also suffering from cold and cough from last couple of days.
please suggest medicine for his eyes.
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like conjunctivitis - medicines suggested

Detailed Answer:
Hi....By you quote and by what I see from the images, I feel that your son is having a conjunctivitis - either viral or bacterial. As this is occurring along with cough and cold, most probably it could be viral in origin. It can spread to other eye too and it might cause itching too.

I suggest -

1. CIPLOX eye drops 1 drop in each eye 6th hourly for 5 days.

2. Syrup Xyzal 5ml twice a day for 5 days.

3. For fever - Paracetamol can be given in the dose of 15mg/kg/dose (maximum ceiling dose of 500mg) every 4-6th hourly that too only if fever is more than 100F. I suggest not using combination medicines for fever, especially with Paracetamol.

ALL THESE ARE PRESCRIPTION DRUGS AND YOU WILL NEED ONE FOR IT.

If the eyes are becoming more swollen and if the eye ball movements are becoming painful with high grade fever and facial swelling I suggest you consult your child's pediatrician.

Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
Follow up: Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 8 minutes later
syrup xyzal is for what purpose ?
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is for cough and cold and itching

Detailed Answer:
Hi...it is Levocetrizine and it is for cough, cold and the itching sensation he might have.

I wish your kid a speedy recovery. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link. Once the page opens there will be an option below my image as – ASK ME A QUESTION – click on it. Please find the link below -

www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696

Regards - Dr. Sumanth