Suggest treatment for chest pain

Dr. Sassen S Kwasa

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in GERD
Question: I/ve had middle chest pain for over 24 hours. It eases when I lie down and is most painful when walking. I have had "gas" pain in this area at least twice before. Will this just go away?
Answered by Dr. Sassen S Kwasa 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
it depends on the cause of the pain, your age is worrying for cardiac issue

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM. I fear that your issue could be related to your heart. Yes if this is acid reflux then it will improve, but it sounds atypical to acid reflux as the pain should be worse when you lie down, so with this at the very least you have pericarditis/myocarditis which is a heart issue and therefore you need to be evaluated, even if this was acid reflux, you need to see a doctor so that a heart issue can be ruled out. I hope this makes sense, pease visit with a doctor sooner than later, at the very least you need an EKC (electrocardiogram) and or cardiac blood tests. Good luck and take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T