Suggest treatment for chest contusion
Chest Contusion with Bruise /Under Investigation
Brief Ans-Chest Contusion with Bruise /Under Investigation
Hi,Welcome for your query to HCM.
I read your query in all its details.I reviewed it in context of the continued pain in lower left ribs.
Based on the facts of your query,
In My opinion-You seem to have soft tissue bruise
-with Contused ribs.This is because you have only have nagging pain all the time at the spot of the hit,but don't have inspiratory catch or increase in pain locally.
But as You can't lie on that side,there seems to be accompanied costo-chondral and costo-vertebral joint contusion with or without crack rib fracture,which is limiting your lying on the side of trauma.Possibility of crack rib fracture needs to be ruled out with this cause.
-Deep Breathing Exercise -is the most Important need under guidance of Gp doctor / Physiotherapist-to avoid probability of lung infection in the would be hypo-ventilated Lungs of yours.
-Proper fluid and diet intake needs to be supplemented for fast recovery.
In this background,I would suggest following remedy-to be tried at Home-
-HOt Compresses to reduce the painful areas,
-Tab Motrin(NSAID) 400 mg / 1 x 2 times a day x for 3-5 days more under guidance of your GP doctor.
IF you improve continue with it under care of your Gp doctor.
-And when you can move around-Get the Chest X-ray Ap and Oblique View for left lower rib cage done,to rule out any rib fracture.
-Consult a Chest Surgeon who would treat the contused or fractured rib cage by-
-Chest Corsett/or Support.
A team of GP doctor and Chest/ or General Surgeon would be adequate to treat current chest issue.
Hope this would help you to resolve your chest pain and would help you to plan further treatment with your doctors there and would help to recover fast.
Welcome for any further query in this regard,which I would love to reply in next
IF satisfied with this reply,Will appreciate YOU,to write your excellent review feedback comments of this service experience, to help the needy patient visitors like YOU, at HCM services.
Dr.Savaskar M.N. XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for contusion
- Treatment for rib contusion
- Treatment and cure for contusion injuries
- Chest wall contusion treatment
- Forearm contusion treatment
- Treatment and cure for Brain contusion
- Treatment and cure for pulmonary contusion
- Treatment and cure for Hemorrhagic contusion
- Bone contusion treatment knee
- Spinal contusion treatment
- How long does Niacin remain in the system?
- Suggest treatment for lump on the penile shaft
- What causes blotchy rashes on calves after walking?
- What causes abdominal bloating when diagnosed with MS and lymphedema?
- Suggest treatment for lumps under the forearms
- Suggest treatment for soreness on the ribs while suffering from...
- Is EVLT procedure advisable when suffering from vericose veins?
- What causes prominent veins in arms, chest and breasts?
- Suggest treatment for upper right abdominal pain
- What causes a swollen lymph on the left side of neck?