Owl Image

Suggest treatment for chest congestion

Question
For the past few days I've had a lot of chest congestion...no coughing or pain just a since of tightness in my chest. I've been taking mucinex and tylonol cold and sinus, drinking tons of water and its helped a little but still not feeling so good. What can I do to speed up this process?
Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take mucolytics

Detailed Answer:

The chest tightness could be due to the phlegm built up inside. You may have to take mucolytic medications like Bromehexine or Amroxol.

Also do take steam inhalations with eucalyptus in it atleast for 4 to 5 times a day.

If you are running fever, then do visit your treating doctor as you will be needing a antibiotic course. The antibiotic course has to be formulated only after a thorough clinical examination.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.