Suggest treatment for chemical urethritis
I am suffering from Chemical Urethritis. I visited to a Urologist. He prescribed me Soframycin ointment. He advised me to apply this every time after urination for 7 days. I want to ask from you Whether it is safe to apply Soframycin ointment on urethra. If it is not please suggest me any other alternative
Can use Xylocaine Jelly.
Thanks for query.
You think that you have chemical Urethritis.
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Have you used any chemical to clean your urethra?
2) Did you have any history of unprotected or Protected sex very recently before preceding you got this symptom?
3) Do you have any urinary symptoms like burning ,frequency etc ?
Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to rule out any infection .
You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexime along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.
You can use Xylocaine Jelly to be administered in urethra with the help of nozzle provided with tube .This is a local anesthetic jelly and will help to relieve pain in urethra.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Get your urine test and
Please find below the answer of your questions
1. yes, i used the soap to clean the urethra. After cleaning the urethra with soap, it got red patch and inflammation
2. I did not have sex till now
3. i feel minor burning sensation or irritation only for 3-5 seconds when foreskin touches the urethra after the urination. Irritation or burning sensation is not intense. Its minor.
Doctor Is Soframycin not a right or safe medicine for this problem ???
Soframycin is not used inside urethra.
Thanks for follow up.
You have developed allergic reaction to soap .
Take the treatment suggested It will get resolved within a week.
No tropical antibiotic ointment or cream (including Soframycin) is used inside the urethra,
The inflammation of the urethra will get resolved within a week,
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Natural treatment urethral caruncle
- Treatment for urethral blockage
- Urethral diverticulum non treatment
- Treatment for urethritis
- Urethral diverticulum natural treatments
- Suggest treatment for urethral pain and itching post menopause
- Ayurvedic treatment in urethral caruncle
- Mechanical urethritis causes and treatment
- Treatment and cure for urethral inflammation
- Treatment and cure for urethral deformity