Suggest treatment for cheilitis
Upload pictures, answer few questions
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I think you have developed cheilitis.
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the lips so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Do you have the habit of licking of lips?
Have you used anything new on the lips or changed your toothpaste?
Kindly revert back with the answers and pictures.
Seems to be cheilitis
I have reviewed the attached photograph.
It doesn't look like cold sore. It seems to be cheilitis.
You should stop using abreva cream and stop licking your lips.
In such cases I recommend my patients to apply cortisone cream on the affected areas twice daily for 7-10 days along with frequent use of a moisturising cream on the lips.
This usually helps in healing of the area.
Swelling and raw areas due to inflammation
Hi, Welcome back,
The swelling and raw area is due to inflammation associated with the disease process and cortisone cream will reduce the inflammation.
Moreover it is not very raw to be kept dry. I couldn't see any raw areas in the photograph. Even if they are present they are very small.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Homeopathy treatment for cheilitis glandularis
- Treatment and cure for cheilitis
- Angular cheilitis treatment prescription
- Treatment and cure for Actinic cheilitis
- Treatment and cure for exfoliative cheilitis
- Treatment and cure for granulomatous cheilitis
- Angular cheilitis treatment fucidin
- Treatment and cure for angular cheilitis
- Laser treatments and exfoliative cheilitis
- Exfoliative cheilitis treatment 2010