Suggest treatment for cerebellar stroke syndrome

Question
I am very drug sensitive - can't tolerate opioids, don't like the effects of alcohol, etc. I have just been diagnosed with a cerebellar stroke, and my physician has prescribed Lipitor to lower my cholesterol. She ordered a lower dose, but I am worried about taking it as I have heard so many bad things about the drug. Your thoughts?
Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Benefits more than potential harm!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

Though lipitor has side effects with the most significant being muscle pain, the benefits are enormous compared to this. Also, with a stroke already, lipitor has been should to improve outcome and most especially reduce the risk of recurrence. I strongly recommend that you take this medication as prescribed for the gains are way above any potential side effects which are not constant for all persons taking it.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.