Suggest treatment for carotid artery occlusion
Carotid artery stenting suggested
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have carefully gone through the details provided. It so happens that the two carotid arteries from either side in the front as well as the vertebral arteries from the back anatomose to form a ring called the Circle of Willis which supplies the various parts of the brain. So, your doctor is right that flow from the other side will compensate. However, if feasible, I would suggest for a internal carotid artery stenting. It can be done by a process called angioplasty where a catheter is inserted either at elbow or groin and through it the stent is placed at the site of the block (after clearing it of course). I suggest this since TIA occur due to microthrombi dislodged from the block and hence removal of the block is likely to be helpful.
I would not suggest for a graft.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for carotid artery stenosis
- Delamination of carotid artery treatment
- Carotid artery inflammation treatment
- Treatment for carotid artery disease
- Treatment for blocked carotid artery
- Twisted carotid artery treatment
- 100 occlusion of carotid artery
- Suggest treatment for tumor on right carotid artery in neck
- Carotid artery dissection treatment
- Left carotid artery occlusion