Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
131 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for bumps near the anus

Answered by
Dr. Albana Sejdini

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2006

Answered : 6520 Questions

Posted on Mon, 6 Apr 2015 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: I wonder what are those little bumps appearing around my anus. Some looks like its forming a line or something. It itches. I had seen a dermatologist and she said that its not warts or HPV. So what is it?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further information is needed

Detailed Answer:

I was going through the photo you sent in and I admit that the quality of the picture was not good enough to let me see in details the bumps.

Can you please send another photo where I can see the bumps details from short distance (nearer)?

I need to also know :
- apart itching, is there any discharge coming out
- are the bumps the only to itch or there are other parts of your genitalia itching?
- since then did you notice the bumps?
- have you changed detergent or toilet soap recently?
- any history of intestinal parasites,

Looking forward to have the requested information in.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 10 hours later
Hi there,
I'm afraid that the next image here is the best i can get.

To answer your questions:-
1. It's only itching, there's no discharge.
2. The entire anus area had been itching and the top of my intergluteal clef had been splitting a few times.
3. The anal pruitius happened since last XXXXXXX There was flaking and skin breakdown initially. Did a skin biopsy and the results reflected fungi hyphae. Was treated with fungal creams and medication. After the patch of flaking skin had been healed the bumps started to appear. About 2-3 months.
3. Nope, i haven't changed detergent nor toilet soap.
4. No history of intestinal parasites.

Still on fungal cream, lamisil, but of no use. It itches whenever it gets moist with sweat and during at night when its dry. I did use moisturizer and take anti-histamine but none works.

The bumps are also at the bottom of the scrotum area, inbetween the thighs, at the rop part of the anus.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bumps due to uncontrolled fungal infection....see the following...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Thank you for providing the requested photo and details.

From what you are describing, it seems that you are still having fungal problems. The bumps are due to fungal infection. You need to continue medications as fungal infection is difficult to treat.

Your lab reports describing fungal hyphae, that makes me think over dermatophytosis (a contagious fungal infection). They will take a couple of weeks to several months to get treated.

If Lamisil is not helping anymore, I advise to discuss with your doctor to:
- take skin scrapping and run culture and mycogram examination to determine the right antifungal medication to use. This examination will take a long time to get reports.
- if cannot do the 1st step, then, discuss with your doctor to change therapy: econazole or clotrimazole cream in combination with hydrocortisone can also help dominating the itching and fungal infection.

I usually advise my patients with the same fungal infection as you as following:
1. wash with warm water and soap
2. rinse well with warm water first, then, immediately with cold water
3. dry well the affected area
4. apply Gentian violet solution (can find over the counter); let it dry
5. then apply antifungal cream containing Lamisil (have great effect) or econazole in combination with hydrocortisone
6. I also advise to take oral-antifungal medications like prescription oral Lamisil (great effects in my patients).
7. avoid sharing your personal utensils with others; avoid sexual intercourse too. If you have only one partner, get her treated as well.

You can discuss this therapy with your doctor and see how it suits to you.

All the best!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,   ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Skin biopsy

doctor1 MD

I have some circle type on both my hands....visited some skin specialists....they advised skin biopsy and the result for the same minimal...

doctor1 MD

im a 62 years old woman, I just got a report from my doctor today that i got Paget disease of vulva , The specimen container is labelled with the...

doctor1 MD

My query is to a dermatologist. My Name is Mrs. Nair, age- 38 years, female. My problem is listed below:

In 2006 April I started having hyper...

doctor1 MD

our doctor suggest for skin we do.result is boderline lepromatous hansen's disease.we are not satisfied so we are going for another...

doctor1 MD

so I have a parasite problem I feel and see them coming from my armpits little black obes it also feels XXXXXXX I have a big worm moving around my...

doctor1 MD

Hi Dr. I have a skin related issue. There is a spot of dead skin on my left leg. it's been more than 10 year for that spot and sometimes it itches...

doctor1 MD

A few months ago a red spot showed up on my forehead and my dermatologist diagnosed it as Actinic keratosis and froze it off. It went away...