Suggest treatment for breast cancer

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Cancer
Question: My aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer T2N0MO and operated almost 2 months back with quadrantectomy and axillary clearance. It was ER++ PR++ and HER2 --

She is now undergoing TC chemo 4 cycles and completed the second one a week back.

This question is on the fluid leakage from the surgical location in breast. Armpit surgery location is fine and completely healed.

Initial we were very afraid when we saw fluid coming out and immediately rushed her to the surgical oncologist and he inspected and said nothing to worry. We have almost taken her 3 times so far and every time the doctor said the same. They are telling it will eventually settle and no sign of infection at all.

Now everyday she is complaining about this leakage and we are just ignoring it.

My question is should we really be worried about this situation and take any action or it can be just ignored.

We are giving her Pegistm injection after each chemo and here WBC never came below 8 thou/ul. She don't have any fever also.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. Fluid leakage can be there

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the details. So its a common thing to see fluid leakage in some patients. It us due to seroma formation, which is quite common and harmless. Yoy can get it drained repeatedly if ut cause discomfort. Otherwise it will resolve on its own.
Complete the chemo and then hormonal treatment will take over.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T