question-icon

Suggest treatment for boil on breast

Posted on Mon, 7 Dec 2015
Question: I have what appears to be a boil near my nipple . It is small---half pea size---and just popped up 2 days ago. A little painful to touch. It is red and hard. It had a yellow center but after hot compresses that has diminished. What can you tell me? I'm a 60 year old female
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
possible abscess

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
It sounds like possible abscess of the breast which is inflammation of subcutaneous tissue and this is very small for now but if there will be growth then it should be surgically drained or you ll need antibiotics. It rarely indicates something more serious such as tumor but it is advisable to do ultrasound when it is healed. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon