Suggest Insulin dosage for a diabetic patient

Dr. Elona Xhardo

Endocrinologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Diabetes
Question: ok i found out I have type 2 dibeties I have to take insulin befor I eat how long befor I eat should I take it
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
What's the name of your insulin?

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have gone through your question.

I need to know the type of your insulin or the name of your insulin.

If you take a regular(short acting insulin ) you should injecte it subcutaneously 15
to 20 minutes before a meal.

If you have a rapid-acting human insulin analog ,you should take it within fifteen minutes before a meal or immediately after a meal by injection into the subcutaneous tissue of the abdominal wall, thigh, upper arm, or buttocks.

Hope this information is helpful.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana