• question-icon

Suggest treatment for blurred vision

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in General Health
Question: I had blurry vision occur in my right eye fairly suddenly today. Everything seemed normal and then I stepped outside and noticed it. I wear contacts and was having a little discomfort so I have added eye drops 2 times today in that eye only. About an hour after the second application, the vision in that eye became hazy/blurry - similar to looking through cellophane tape but not quite so bad. I can still read text out of it but only up close. Another note is that the second drops were the commercial brand "Clear Eyes" and had been in my car for a few months.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Discussion follows

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for your query.
It's possible that the eye drops may be denatured and may have coated /;damaged the contract lens. Remove the contact lens, rinse your eye for 5 minutes with water and then check whether you have the same defeat in the vision. If so it would be better to have yourself examined by an eye specialist.

Do get back if you have further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Noble Zachariah