What causes sticky liquid oozing out of the corner of the eye?
Local injury/inflammation/ulceration should be looked for
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Since it involves only the right eye , viral or allergic conjunctivitis is unlikely. Local injury, inflammation and superimposed bacterial infection is likely. The eye should be examined. Contact lens should be avoided for now. Slit lamp examination of the eye can also be advised. Topical treatment with combination of ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone can then be advised in consult with an ophthalmologist.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor/ophthalmologist before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sores in corner of eye causes
- What causes red color patch at corner of eye
- What caused swollen sticky eyes in the mornings
- Whats the cause of patch on skin near at eye corner
- What causes pressure in eye
- What causes sticky and sore eyes
- What causes eye beats
- What causes oozing from eyes and pores
- What causes spit in the outer corner of eye
- What causes eye odor
- What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
- What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pressure under lower left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for scleroderma
- Is Stematil safe with Sertraline?
- What causes low MPV?
- Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
- Does Claritin Redi medication cause lymphadenopathy?
- Can hepatitis-C be contracted through a cut wound in the hand?
- What causes numbness in legs and face after taking steroid injections in...