What causes sticky liquid oozing out of the corner of the eye?

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Fri, 15 Sep 2017 in General Health
Question: I have, on my right eye only, a sticky, clear film. The firm collects in the corner of my eye and turns red/brown overnight. My contact lenses aren't wearing as well because they want to creep up slightly over my iris. Again, right eye only.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Local injury/inflammation/ulceration should be looked for

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Since it involves only the right eye , viral or allergic conjunctivitis is unlikely. Local injury, inflammation and superimposed bacterial infection is likely. The eye should be examined. Contact lens should be avoided for now. Slit lamp examination of the eye can also be advised. Topical treatment with combination of ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone can then be advised in consult with an ophthalmologist.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor/ophthalmologist before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil