Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
Causes of bleeding tongue and management goals
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
Thanks for writing.
I am Dr. Saddiq-ul-Abidin. I have read your question completely, I understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.
First of all, its sad to know about the incidence, however it would have been more appreciable if we had known a bit details of any other associated symptoms like pain, tenderness, fever, any history of recent drug intake, or any history of bleeding from other sites.
Their are variety of conditions, which can cause such symptoms. Sometimes, tongue ulcers may develop on the tongue which are extremely painful and bleed occasionally. Sometimes, cold sores and canker sores may also develop on the tongue, which maybe a cause of bleeding tongue sores.
Some of the infectious conditions caused by Candida yeast, called oral thrush is most common in older adults or babies. However, a weakened immune system, antibiotics, diabetes or certain medications such as inhaled corticosteroids can give Candida a chance to grow. Patches are difficult to remove and trying to do so will cause soreness.
No one knows what causes these small, painful blisters inside your mouth. Triggers include injury, hypersensitivity, infection, hormones, stress and not getting enough of some vitamins. Also called aphthous ulcers, mouth ulcers can appear on your tongue, cheek and gums. They usually last a week or two. Mouth ulcers can be treated with numbing gels. Severe or persistent mouth ulcers may need prescription treatments.
The most important of all symptoms is obviously blood flow at the sight of damage. Sometimes, when the impact of the injury is not enough to rupture the underlying blood vessels, it may only lead to redness of tongue. The area becomes tender to touch and is very prone to further damage while eating or talking.
In case if such incidence happens in future, You first need to stop the blood flow. Before touching your tongue with your hand, wash it with a disinfectant soap, because tongue is prone to all kinds of infection. Then press the wound with a clean gauze pad or a cloth. Tilt your head forward to avoid chocking due to blood that accumulates at the back of throat. Apply a cube of ice on the tongue for some time. It will constrict the blood vessels and eventually stop the blood flow.
Also that a detailed workup of any increased bleeding tendency would be advisable at such stage, with screening tests of PT, apTT, bleeding time and complete blood picture. You may also need to have a detailed examination with an orthodontics or dental specialist.
I hope this answered your question.If you have more queries I am happy to answer. Otherwise rate and close the discussion
Dr.Saddiq ul Abidin
M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nicotine gum and bleeding gums
- What is the treatment for shaking tooth and bleeding gums
- Treatment for bleeding gums caused by mouth breathing
- What treatment do you suggest for soft bleeding gums
- Experiencing bleeding gum required treatment
- Treatment and cure for Bleeding gums
- Bleeding gums causes and treatment
- Treatment for bleeding gums while brushing teeth and bad breath
- Suggest treatment for bleeding gums
- Treatment for bleeding gums
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?