Suggest treatment for belly button incision pain after laparoscopic surgery
I had a tubal ligation on 6/9/15, just on the right side as my left tube and ovary was removed after an emergency c-section on 4/6/15.
I was recovering very well, but the last couple days I have noticed an increase in pain under my belly button where one of the incision are (laparoscopic surgery). The belly button and whole surrounding area are very tender and the slightest touch is uncomfortable to me. I feel very aggravated as it feels like I'm going backwards in the recovery. I had a hernia repair with mesh placement on 2/26/13 and it feels a lot like a hernia.
ah... many possibilities none of them good.
If fever, chills, rigors, sweaty. Simple. Abdominal pain after a surgery can get infected and signs of infection are an ER emergency.
Otherwise, cannot say in your particular situation AND... would certainly be concerned about possibility of infection, hernia, abdominal obstruction (not usually subtle... distension, no pooping, nausea, vomiting poop, and increasing pain), adhesions, tiny bit of bleeding, C diff. infection, urinary tract infection, probably many others.
About the only not serious one I'm coming up with is if you ran out of medication for pain (including going off of tylenol) and having the pain come back.
With a post-surgical complication getting in touch with someone urgently is very important. Should be emergency contact numbers given. Also the emergency room of the hospital one had the surgery at.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain in the belly button while coughing constipation treatment
- Belly button pain after laparoscopic surgery
- Flight after laparoscopic surgery
- Suggest treatment for infection in the belly button
- Incision reopened after laparoscopic surgery?
- Chest pain after laparoscopic surgery
- Flying after laparoscopic surgery
- Ayurvedic treatment for epidermoid cyst after a laparoscopic surgery
- Gas pain after laparoscopic surgery
- Hiccups after laparoscopic surgery