Suggest treatment for back pain
Pain is responding to injection and I felt comfortable after injection. But, pain get aggravate with physical moment (flexion, walking, longtime sitting and standing). My treating GP advised me to stop manual laboring work. He also advised to changed my job,(as my job was manual laboring job).
Now I need an advice on the following-
1. Is my current treatment is optimal?
2. And what will be the consequence/impact of manual laboring on me.
3. How long my current treatment (epidural injection ) should continue?
4. What will be the next treatment option if pain stop response to injection?
Take treatment as advised and get rheumatologist opinion too
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Back pain with lumbosacral radiculopathy can be managed by medications. Physiotherapy plays a major role and should be continued.
Along with pain killers and muscle relaxant, pain modulator drugs like pregabalin or amitryptiline or gabapentin can be used.
Epidural injections should not be taken for long as it may lead to arachnoiditis and weakness or sensory loss in lower limbs.
Physical activities can be resumed with symptomatic relief. Avoid lifting heavy objects, stooping forward, squatting.
Next line of management is surgical and depends upon neurodeficit and response to medication.
One other point of investigation is sacroiliatis as suggested in recent Mri. For this you need to consult a rheumatologist.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
Drugs to be decreased if renal function impaired
They all have renal excretion and dose has to be adjusted if renal function is impaired at present.
Provide recent reports of serum urea and creatinine.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for muscular back pain
- Suggest treatment for sudden back pain
- Terrible back pain suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for lower back pain
- Suggest treatment for chronic back pain
- Suggest treatment for back pain and cramps
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for mechanical back pain
- What causes recurrent painful sensation over one side of lower face?
- What does my blood test report indicate?
- What causes constant dizziness?
- Suggest treatment for weight gain, coldness and constipation
- What causes facial pain and leg numbness in a patient with diabetes?
- Suggest treatment for recurring optic neuritis in right eye
- What causes trouble thinking clearly while recovering form sepsis?
- How long should medication be continued after suffering partial paralysis?
- Suggest treatment for constant pain due to neuropathy
- What causes burning sensation in buttocks of a person with spinal problems?