Suggest treatment for arthritis and severe muscle and joints pain
I had 3 knee surgical operations in my keft knee ended by early srthritic changes.
At the same time I diagnosed with fibromyalgia 10 years sgo.
Currently I had bith pain that of arthritis and severe muscle and joint pain due to fibromyalgia.
My question is which one sffecting the other, is fibromyalgia exacerbate my knee pain or arthritis exacerbate the pain of fibromyalgia ?
Kindly advice what I havr to treat first.
Both need to be treated simultaneously.
Thanks for posting your query.
Arthritis and fibromyalgia both are different entities but they both affect the joints. These do not aggravate each other. Arthritis is a degenerative change of the joint that is seen in old age and can be aggravated by repeated injuries.
If the arthritis is severe then joint replacement is needed. The treatment for both fibromyalgia and arthritis go hand in hand. In both the cases pain killers and physiotherapy are mainstay of treatment. Regular check up is needed and doses need to be regulated according to the severity of symptoms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Joint arthritis
- Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis pain
- Arthritis finger pain treatment
- Best treatment for arthritis pain
- Suggest treatment for arthritis pain and skin rash
- Treatment and cure for Severe arthritis
- Arthritis treatment for knee pain
- Pain treatment for rheumatoid arthritis
- Suggest treatment for psorattic arthritis
- Suggest treatment for numbnesslower back pain arthritis