What Are The Shoulder Replacement Surgical Procedures?
Please see below.
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
Shoulder replacement is done generally by two methods - Normal replacement ( like normal anatomy) and Reverse shoulder arthroplasty where the anatomy is reversed and is done more often.
Every surgeon has his own regime towards recovery steps and other things. But in general mobilization is started within few days which is assisted and as the muscle strength improves ,non assisted exercises and more weight lifting is allowed . The whole process may take few months.
I hope this helps you in preparing for the surgery. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Yes , you are right.
Yes you are right for both , using other arm and assistance from physio or some such person .It will be required till you have adequate control of your shoulder and upper limb- meaning you have pain free shoulder strong enough to be lifted by yourself. Also ,the progress depends on your physical condition .
Thanx for the question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Found a soft lump on my left upper arm near my shoulder
- Sepsis and lumps on your shoulder
- Lump on newborn babies back shoulder
- Left abdominal pain radiating to left shoulder
- Hard lump on collar bone near shoulder
- Recurring bruises on shoulder
- Feeling of electric current from neck to shoulder
- Lymph node along top shoulder
- Hcg diet pain in left shoulder
- Spontaneous little red bumps on your left shoulder