How can TMJ be treated?
Take painkillers,and start masseter exercises.
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic surgeon.
In my opinion, this problem with TMJ i.e. ,frequent subluxation and pain is a difficult condition.The Commonest problem is swelling in the joint combined with weakness of facial muscles.
For this I would recommend analgesics, local hot fomentation and masseter exercises(to be taught by physiotherapist).
Surgical intervention is required in case of fixed TMJ.
I hope this helps you. please feel free to ask any other questions.
Since your TMJ is not fixed and sometimes it pops out - it requires reduction of swelling in your TMT with medicines and local heat. Also to balance it you need exercises of chewing muscles ( called masseter exercises) to be taught by a physio. In the mean time you can start chewing hard chewing gums also. Dizziness has no direct relation to Popping out or clicking into place, may be due to pain only ,if you have pain.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will midol ib treat tmj ?
- Can acupuncture help treat tmj and anxiety
- Will diastat pediatric treat tmj syndrome ?
- How to cure tmj and clicking jaws
- How to cure tmj problems
- How long does tmj last
- Will advil liqui gels treat tmj syndrome ?
- How to sleep with tmj
- Sarcoidosis and tmj
- Is norflex sutable for treating tmj
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?