Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

149 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Any antibiotic for urinary tract infection?

I Sarita Jain, 50 years old suffering from urinary tract infection after going through Right Total Hip Joint replacement (Details giving below) surgery on 14/09/2013 and have carried out URINE CULTURE AND SENSITIVITY TEST on 19/12/2013.
STRYKER V40 FEMORAL HEAD (Stainless Steel)

Gram Staining:- PLENTY PUS ELLS,
Organism (s) Isolated:- KLEBSIELLA PNEUMONIAE

Sensitive to AMIKACIN (
I am taking following medicine towards recovery in total hip joint replacement surgery:
NEWBONA PLUS CAPSULES every day twice and
FOSAVANCE 70mg /5600 IU weekly once for six months
My email id is YYYY@YYYY
Please advice me ANTIBIOTIC medicines for urinary tract infection.
Mon, 31 Jul 2017
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,   ,  
Medical Procedures ,   ,  
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Respected user , Hi

Thanks for using
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* The management of urinary tract infection is best done upon culture
report which should be evaluated in concern with the patients and
clinical findings of the patient .

* If the symptoms are of higher severity , clinician decides to opt option
of IV antibiotics or oral higher molecules ; if not that much
demanding may choose oral molecules .

* Can consult with symptomatic details for further guidance or can consult
with your doctor for further management , as through this narration
only this much suggestions are possible .

Thanks .
Regards .
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Yes but I have no money, Im older and cant see well close up as my friend cant either. He has some capsules that were his maybe 6 or so months ago. he cant read the print on them but he said they are green and he thinks brown capsules. SHe feels sure they are antibiotics., He says he has a uninary tract infection,. I told him some are for different parts of the body and for him to read the print on them to me so I could look it up for him. He cant. HELOP PLEASE.

doctor1 MD

Hi! i had a question in regards to urinary tract infections. Ive had this UTI for over 2 years now, and I ve tried home remedies to anti-biotics to over the counter medication. Nothing seems to work for me and it re occurs 3-5 times a week! This is ridiculous and I really do not want to go back to my Gyno, or normal Doctor because they always tell me the same thing. Is there another step to curing this? Or maybe a stronger anti-biotic?

doctor1 MD

For the past year I have had frequent urinary tract infections using antibiotics. Recently I had sinus infection and was given antibiotics and steriod shot. After I finished the medicine I developed yeast infection and was given a different antibiotic. Then another urinary tract infection and another antibiotic. I experience spotting which is brown color and sometimes red. Do not know if this is urinary or vaginal

Recent questions on  Orthopedic surgery

doctor1 MD

i m 13 and everytime i stand my left knee pops and its sore all the time and is embarrising please help, i m 5 7 or 5 8 and 160 pounds and i ve had two hip surgerys about a year ago....because i had a s.c.f.e slipped capitol femoral eppyfisis because i fell directly on my knee cap

doctor1 MD

i am 35 years old. there are gaps in my knee joint. I want to know the natural ways to slow down the degeneration process of my knee tssues. its a ostearthiritis in the earliest stage. please help n wanted to know the excersies also for the same condition

doctor1 MD

I have severe pain in both ankles due to osteoarthritis.I have had an ankle fusion in one foot and waiting for a fusion in the other foot.I have had steriod injections and various tablets over the years.I have had this for 12yrs.Im thinking of claiming dla.would I be entitled?

doctor1 MD

my father did an orthopedic surgery he should receive clexane is there any tablet form the same as clexane function also someone diabetic 50 yrs old did cardiac catheterization bec of 4 thrombi in the heart and put stents since 4 yearsdoes he must receive plavix or jasperin for ever or what thank you very much

doctor1 MD

I've had an eye problems since August 30th. ? I got it while at the dentist office August 22. He announced he was tired and just flew in from XXXXXXX and England. He wore no mask as he inserted final crown on upper right. When his receptionist...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I am from XXXXXXX , Could you please suggest me is there anyways to gain my height. which way is the best way either Natural or supplementary. Gender- Male Age- 27+ Height - 5.2 weight - 45+ Natural Way - Diet List and duration Medicine...