Suggest treatment for anxiety
What antidepressants have you used until now ?
Thanks for writing to us.
Rameron may cause sedation in many patients. Heart rate may go up with anxiety itself.
For your problem I am suggesting following approach.
-If you have taken medicines form GP , consult psychiatrist for better diagnosis and treatment.
- Continue psychotherapy. However it is not completely effective at present so there is need of proper medicines.
- Clonazepam is very good anti anxiety drug. It should be given in low dose under medical supervision to prevent sedation and dependance. It can be restarted.
- A group of medicines called SSRI are used in anxiety as well as in depression. Particularly paroxetine will be helpful when anxiety component is more. If you have tried any other drug than remeron, please let me know the details.
-If you have any other physical problem please let me know the same with details of the medicines for the same.
- Regular scheduled sleep,meals and exercise are important aspect to prevent and improve such anxiety issues.
- Meditation and yoga may help your problem. You can learn the same from professional or with help of internet.
Provide some more information:
-since when problem is there?
- Is there any stress(social,occupational, relationship or economical) in your life?
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further after your further response.
pregabalin or duloxetine or bupropion is the option
Thanks for information.
In your depression with somatic pain duloxetine will help in great manner. It is like remeron but without sedation.
If pain component is more pregabalin can help. It helps in anxiety also. But it may cause sedation.
And depression component is more bupropion is also good alternative.
Please discuss above options with treating doctor and you will probably get a solution.
treatment depends on type of pain
Thanks for clarification.
Naproxyn is a pain killer like ibuprofen. Niether of them should be taken daily for long until required in excessive pain. They can cause damage to kidney.
Treatment depends on type of pain. If pain is neuropathic pregabalin is helpful while in somatic pain duloxetine will work. If pain is totally related to muscles or bones, intervention by orthopedic doctor is required.
Hope with new doctor you will get good slolution soon.
All the best & take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for anxiety attacks
- Suggest treatment for separation anxiety
- Suggest treatment for adhdrls and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for extreme anxiety
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety
- Suggest treatments for anxiety
- Suggest treatment for anxiety with lightheadedness