Suggest treatment for anxiety when EKG and stress test results are negative
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.
Yes if all the above mentioned test are normal they will eliminate the risk of sudden cardiac events. Please keep in mind that cardiac events are caused by cardiac problems which are detected at least in one of the above mentioned examinations.
As a general recommendation the ECG, Cardiac echo, stress test and holter monitoring should be done once a year. If they are normal you shouldn't worry about heart problems.
Your symptoms may be related to GERD (acid reflux disease) which may mimic most of your symptoms and is also exacerbated by stress and anxiety. In order to confirm the diagnosis of GERD I would suggest to do upper endoscopy.
Hope this is of help!
Wish you health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- False positive ekg stress test
- Abnormal stress test abnormal ekg
- Treatment for abnormal stress test
- Normal ekg and stress test
- Ekg stress test caughing
- Stress and anxiety symptoms treatment
- False negative stress test
- Suggest treatment for stress and anxiety
- Cough after ekg stress test
- Stress and anxiety treatments