Suggest treatment for alternating conditions of diarrhoea and constipation

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi I was operated for piles 10 days ago. there after i had alternating conditions of diarrhoea and constipation.

Today I have pain and constipation. Medicines prescribed are
Ornio tab
Ketorol DS tab
Econorm capsule
2 dosage for 3 days

I am concerned about Econorm which treats diarrhoea .

Pls advise
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....no problem in taking ECONORM
Detailed answer....
I have read your query and understand your question.
ECONORM is a probiotic and is used not only to treat diarrhoea but it also balances the flora of intestine by preventing the growth of harmful bacterias.
Since you are taking an antibiotic,ECONORM would help in preventing any diarrhoea.
You can easily take it without any fear or concern.
Your doctor is absolutely right in prescribing these medicines to you.
Try to avoid constipation in you by taking some laxative for few days so that your wound heals perfectly well because hard stool may cause some damage at operated site. You can talk to your doctor regarding this.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
i am afraid that by taking laxative I shall have problem of diarrhoea again. (Presently my stool has started becoming harder) so may I combine Movipeg with above medicines. Please suggest dosage too
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
You can take the analgesic twice a day.
It is better to have diarrhoea than constipation because constipation will result in hard stool which can damage the recently operated inner lining of your rectum.
Thanks