Suggest treatment for allergic insect bite

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: hi good evening,
I was sting by a insect, i saw it and i took it out, after 24 hours it swell up and a red line appeared tracking to my elbow, i went in to hospital and they gave me oral antibiotics, no left leg.w after taking 4 doses of antibiotics, the red line is getting lighter, but the swelling to my hand is getting bigger, as well it appeared a swelling to my left leg.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
ALLERGIC RESPONSE AND INFLAMMATION

Detailed Answer:
hello and welcome,

I read your history carefully
please continue the antibiotics course and complete it fully.
tetanus vaccination should also be done.
Change your clothe in which you got bit and clean yourself with lukewarm soap water.
Anti allergic meds like Benadryl be taken to reduce swelling

IF SWELLING PERSISTS OR NEW SYMPTOMS LIKE SHORTNESS OF BREATH, FLUSHING OR VOICE CHANGES APPEAR, THEN PLEASE GO TO THE E.R IMMEDIATELY FOR FURTHER WORKUP AND TREATMENT.

let me know if you have any query.
if not, then please close the discussion and rate the answer.

take care
thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D