Suggest treatment for acid reflux while on Prilosec

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I've had a grinding noise in my neck on the left side for a while and it has evolved into a pain that goes up the left side of my head kinda along the back left of the head. It hurts to turn my head left and is kinda sensitive when I bend over.
Then yesterday I get serious acid reflux nearly constant burping.
So, all I had last night was XXXXXXX selzer so I took 2 and slept pretty good with less frequent burping. Today it got bad so I took a Prilosec about 5 hours ago but I'm still burping.
the head pain is constant.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Reflux disease

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query
The reflux disease in your case might be causing pharyngeal reflux causing pain. You should get an endoscopic examination of the throat done and a xray cervical spine done. The pain in the neck can be a muscle pain also.

Take capsule pantoprazole once daily in the morning for 10 days.
Avoid any aerated drinks or spices.
Drink plenty of water.
Avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
Treat any constipation if you have.
You will definitely be benefited.
All the medicine prescribed by me will be available only on prescription.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D