Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for a chest congestion and breathing difficulty

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 1126 Questions
I have acid reflux,allergies,and may have asthma.I am taking Nexium for the reflux,Nasonex and zertec for the allregies,but chest till cngestd and I have difficulty breathing.a tightness in my chest.what do you suggest? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 23 hours later
Brief Answer: You do seem to have asthma. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, You have allergies and reflux and from your description, it appears that you are also having asthmatic symptoms which is responsible for breathing difficulty and tightness in the chest. In an asthmatic, reflux aggravates the symptoms. Similarly sinusitis and post nasal drip also aggravate the symptoms of asthma. You should continue with nexium, nasonex and zertec for reflux and allergies. For breathlessness, you have to start taking inhalers. You should take combimist which will give you instant relief. It can be taken as nebulization as well. You should also take seroflo inhaler which will control your symptoms over long time. Consult your physician for detail advice on these. Avoid allergens like dust, smoke etc as much as you can. Also avoid extreme cold climate and cold and dry air. You may consult an ENT for your post nasal drip. I`m sure that these measures will be of help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for a chest congestion and breathing difficulty 4 hours later
do you think I need to see a pulmonologist? I have already seen and ENT Dr. thank you for your help. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, you should see a pulmonologist. Detailed Answer: You may see a pulmonologist who can take a complete look at you , examine you after getting detail history and advise you on inhaler therapy.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor