Suggest treatment for UTI
I had a UTI a couple of months back. I had back then taken the following tablets:
Cifran 500mg (1-0-1), taxim-o 200 mg(1-0-1), cobadex(0-0-1), zinetac(1-0-1), vibact-ds-(1-0-0)
and Urispas and Citralka Syrup.
Recently when I went for a healthcheckup which included urine routine test, the doctor told that I have traces of UTI still.
I have given for urine culture test and will get the report day after tomorrow.
Untill then I have 2 questions:
1. How often can I take Urispas, since I can't remember how often I took it last time
2. Can I take the other tablets I was prescribed the last time?
You can take same medicines till you get culture report.
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have recurrent UTI .
You have been taking Ciprofloxacin ,Urispas and other medicines last time and have given urine sample for culture and sensitivity test and report is awaited ..
Since these are the medicines which are routinely prescribed in treatment for UTI, You can continue taking them twice daily till you get your culture report and later on switch to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. However, please be aware that these are prescription drugs and you need to take them under the guidance of your doctor.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for recurrentt uti
- Suggest treatment for recurring uti
- Suggest treatment for uti
- Suggest treatment for appetite loss and uti
- Suggest treatment for fever due to uti
- Suggest treatment for uti when on treatment for dementia
- Suggest treatment for reoccuring uti
- Male uti treatment and treatments
- What treatment is suggested for uti
- Suggest treatment for recurrent uti