Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for Triple Vessel Disease

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1357 Questions
Medicines and dietry habits/restrictions, which can completely cure triple vessel disease without surgery(CABG). LAD obstruction-Calcific, Significant disease, LCX Obstruction-Long Disease, RCA Obstruction-small vessel.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There are NO medicines to "CURE" the disease Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. 1. The complete angiography report would have given me exact degree of severity of the disease. 2. At the outset, may I inform you that there are NO medicines to "CURE" Triple Vessel Disease (TVD). Medicines can only restrict the RATE of disease progression, as well as, prevent the symptoms to a variable extent, depending on the degree of blocks. 3. Medicines that are used to restrict the rate of progression and prevent symptoms or occurrence of a heart attack are :- * Drugs to control blood pressure in those who have hypertension. * Cholesterol lowering drugs (called "statins") to lower cholesterol levels in the blood; * Blood thinners (such as, aspirin and clopidogrel-to prevent formation of blood clots); * Drugs to reduce the workload of the heart; * Drugs to reduce the demand of blood supply; * Drugs to increase the blood supply to the heart by dilating coronary arteries (provided the arterial wall still have the capability of dilating further). * Drugs to treat co-existing diseases. Other preventive measures are :- effective control of blood pressure, weight reduction to ideal level, a low-fat diet, regular exercises within tolerable limits, avoidance of mental stress, adequate rest and sleep and, strict avoidance of alcohol and smoking. Medical management along with preventive measures would only defer the inevitable surgical intervention (angioplasty with stenting; or, CABG- as the case may be). As per establish norms, surgery is indicated when the medical management fails. Consult your Cardiologist, who is the best judge to apprise you of the severity of your heart disease and the best options available to you. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor