Suggest treatment for GERD and pain below sternum after eating spicy food
need some details to guide you better
My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There could be a number of causes for abdominal pain. I would be in a better position to guide you anything if you answer following questions please:
1. since when are you having pain?
2. Does pain settle/improve after taking food?
3. does pain radiate from one side to any other side?
4. any history of nausea, vomiting or fever?
5. any history of constipation or diarrhea?
6. have you undergone any test like CBC, ultrasound abdomen, etc? if yes then please share results
7. are you on any medication?
8. any history of diabetes, hypertension or other illness?
9. any family history of chronic illness?
10. any other symptom that you would like to share?
11. does pain radiate to left arm or jaw?
I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
2 I had a very spicy meal last night and I woke up with discomfort. I got up this morning hungry and had a lite meal. I am still feeling a dull pain that seems to become worse when I take a deep breath.
3 seems to be just behind the sternum.
6 not yet
7 nexus, aspirin 81mg daily, Crestor
8 no other than prostatectomy 2008 psa undetectable
10 slight headache
Also, I have been experiencing a lot of joint paint. While I excercise 4-5 times a week I usually don't have these kind of issues?
most probably GERD
Thank you for getting back with the answers. Probable diagnosis from your symptoms could Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). If i were your treating doctor then i would have advised following things:
> Medical Care:
- Omeprazole one daily for 14 days
- sucralfate suspension thrice a day for 10 days
- a baseline ECG to confirm status of heart
> General Care:
Medical care can do NOTHING if you donot take general care about your health. Following steps would help you to recover slowly:
- take small frequent meals.
- take 30-45mins walk/exercise daily in the evening. It will make you fresh, healthy and is good for digestion.
- Don't lie down immediately after taking meal
- raise head end of your bed slightly(by an inch)
- Eat a diet rich in fiber, especially from fruits and vegetables
fatty & oily food.
heavy meals at night
carbonated & caffine drinks
If joint pain is recurrent then do visit hospital & get an appointment for a rheumatologist for workup of joint pain.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Pain below sternum
- Tender pain below sternum pregnant
- Abdominal pain below sternum
- Twisting pain below sternum
- Pain below sternum pregnancy
- Pain below sternum after meth injection
- Pain below sternum wax and wane
- Diagnosis of Pain below sternum
- Symptoms of Pain below sternum
- Pain below sternum causes
- Suggest treatment for insect bites all over body
- Suggest treatment for fever and extreme fatigue
- What causes swollen glands, sensitive eyes and pain in forehead?
- What causes pain in right side of lower abdomen?
- Suggest treatment for low BP
- How to take care of dentures?
- What causes fever?
- What causes pain in head centered in and around left eye?
- What causes back pain, gas, mild fever and burning cough?
- What causes dizziness while eating, fatigue and pain in calf muscles?