Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Suggest the oral medicines for terminating pregnancy

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 7260 Questions
Hi doctor . I normally get my periods once in 2-3 months and now its been 4 months i dint get my periods and checked my pregnancy positive now. Pls help me to abort this pregnancy with oral medicines. Am 30 yrs old and have 5 yrs old baby.
Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please confirm through a sonogram Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. As you have irregular periods, you should get a trans-vaginal sonogram for the exact gestational age and also to see if the pregnancy is intrauterine. Later, since you do not wish to retain this pregnancy, please see a specialist for a proper evaluation and prescription. The whole process should ideally be under medical surveillance and the completion of the abortion is checked by a physical exam and a follow up sonogram. Self-medication to induce a medical abortion is teemed with several complications. There can be heavy bleeding, incomplete abortion, infection, future infertility and also when an ectopic pregnancy is tried to be aborted unknowingly, there is a chance of tubal rupture with grave danger to life. Therefore, it is always advisable to go for a medical abortion under medical supervision. The whole process usually takes 1 or 2 days. Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor