Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Suggest the best medication for vaginal yeast infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
hi sir,,wat is the best over the counter medicine for vaginal yeast infection ?
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Candid cream/ointment

Detailed Answer:

The best medicine for vaginal yeast infection is Candid vaginal cream or ointment. It is available over the counter.

You should apply it on the vaginal area twice daily for a week at least to get full recovery.

Hope this helps you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest the best medication for vaginal yeast infection? 4 hours later
any suggestable oral medicine along with candid ointment for vaginal yeast infection ?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
oral Fluconazole tablet

Detailed Answer:

A single oral tablet of Fluconazole 150mg is used to treat uncomplicated fungal infections. However, this is a prescription drug, and is not available over the counter.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor