Suggest tests to detect HIV

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hi sir. My hiv douted. Withaut condom one time sex high risk girl .I'm depression.30 days than tri dot test non reactive and 46 days than test duo cmia 4th gen non reactive 0.11 ple sir help me.I'm very depression ple sir help me
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are free from HIV 1 infection

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query
Your Tridot test by 30 days after the episode has no value, whereas the non-reactive 4th generation test after a month after the exposure definitely ruled out the possibility of HIV 1 infection. HIV 1 infection is the most commonest (more than 99%) infection throughout the world except in certain parts of XXXXXXX This test is highly reliable. So you are free from HIV 1 infection. Not to worry.
Dr S Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 17 minutes later
I want to be relaxed whole mental and physical disturbance ple help me
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
HIV 2 can be ruled out by HIV 2 Specific RNA PCR test.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
There is nothing to worry.
You had been already ruled out the possibility of HIV 1 infection by the negative 4th generation test done on 46th day after the exposure. It is a highly reliable test. HIV 2 infection is rare and almost unlikely.If you want to rule out the HIV 2 also, repeat the 4th generation test after 12 weeks to get a more conclusive result and to rule out both HIV 1 and 2.
Otherwise HIV 2 specific Qualitative RNA PCR test is available with certain laboratories on demand and you can go for the same and rule out HIV 2 also without waiting till 12 weeks.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later

It is girl hiv positive or negative no fix .o ladki positive has kya negative hai ye muze malum nahi pr bhi dr lagata haI.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Exposure to HIV +ve individual not necessarily infectious always.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
There are many spouses (30-40%) remain free from HIV in spite of their partner having HIV Disease and in spite of their regular and consistent intercourse for years together. They are called as discordant couple. Various reasons are attributed to this.
Similarly all the people exposed to a HIV positive individual, not necessarily been infected. So if you had been exposed to an HIV positive individual there is every chance for you to remain free from HIV infection.
Your negative 4th generation reveals the same and you are free from HIV 1 infection.
Dr S XXXXXXX