Suggest tests to confirm a successful abortion
I missed my period this month, my last period was Feb 7th, i had sex during last week of feb and first week of march.... I checked pregnancy by one step pregnancy kit and it was negative, I had mankind unwanted kit on my 40th day.... I took mifepristone 200 mg on first day morning after 24 hrs i took misoprostol 400 mg and after 24 hrs i took misoprostol 400 mg orally..... after taking misoprostol first 400 mg itself i got bleeding.. but it was very less than my normal period and stopped..... is there any problem? will i get normal periods in subsequent months? is it too early to find pregnancy after having sex? because i was bit doubtful that I might be pregnant... if so, how can i confirm my pregnancy status? can i use pregnancy test kit?? will it affect getting pregnancy and growth of fetus by taking these kind of tablets frequently?
positive pregnancy test is mandatory for using of unwanted kit
welcome to healthcare magic.
I understand your concern.
I am Dr.Srilatha gynaecologist.
Usually unwanted kit is used for termination of pregnancy only when there is evidence of pregnancy.
So in your case it was used in spite of negative pregnancy test.This might be the reason for scanty bleeding.
The delayed period might be due to various other reasons other than pregnancy.
i suggest you to consider doing urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy.Usually test will come positive after a week of missed period in women having regular cycles.
After having successful intercourse and fertilization,pregnancy can be detected by special blood test called beta HCG on 8-10 days after implantation.
now also you can confirm your pregnancy status by above mentioned test with urine or serum Beta HCG.
Using above medication will not have any effect on future pregnancies.
Frequent usage of above pills might bring changes in endometrium which might alter the flow pattern and reduce the chances of pregnancy in some cases.
hope this satisfies your query
feel free to discuss further.
When can I check my pregnancy again? If it is positive what should i do? Should i take unwanted kit once again?
If it is negative, will I get my periods regularly? If so, my cycle will be started from now or based on my previous month date? Kindly let me know i am bit confused...
Usg is needed in case of positive pregnancy test
I understand your concern.
you can test for pregnancy today itself.
In my opinion the chance of pregnancy is very rare after using unwanted kit.
But in some cases due to incomplete abortion pregnancy test may be positive for a prolonged duration.
In such cases ultrasound is the next best investigation.
mostly periods might revert back to normal in 2-3 cycles
stay relaxed as stress itself can delay periods and make them irregular.
hope I am able to satisfy your query
feel free to discuss further,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cytolog success in abortion
- Is the abortion successful with the bleeding
- Taken mifepristone kit for abortion bleeding is abortion successful
- Suggestion to avoid abortion
- Looking suggestion for surical abortion
- Suggest medication for abortion and ways to test for pregnancy
- Suggest safest way for abortion
- Pregnancy test positive suggestions on tablets to abort
- Suggest safe methods for abortion
- Missing periods pregnancy test positive suggestion for abortion
- What causes yellow vaginal discharge along with pelvic pain?
- Suggest treatment for blister in the vaginal area
- What causes delayed periods?
- Does Azithromycin cure a bartholin's cyst?
- Suggest treatment for bladder infection
- What does the follicular monitoring report suggest?
- What does a pimple above clitoris indicate?
- How successful is an IUI in treatment of infertility?
- Is hair coloring okay during pregnancy?
- What causes sharp pain under breast?