How to confirm if abortion is complete?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 15 May 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hello sir.. actually I'm at 8th week of pregnancy.. Nd I took unwanted kit of 5 pills... On the first day I took one pill.. after 24hrs I took 2 pills after 30mins I started bleeding nd seems to lost my ovum after 4 hrs that is early in the morning.. nd now after 48hrs took 3rd dosage of 2 pills of 200mg each.. continues to bleed... Feeling severe ache of my stomach... Still how many days I may continue to bleed?? And after how many days I can check the removed preganancy???? Please kindly provide info for me sir...!!!
Answered by Dr. Soumya 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound scan required

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

It is difficult to say if abortion is complete.

I suggest you get an ultrasound scan to identify if abortion is complete.

There is no other way to confirm it.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 12 minutes later
Okeee madam Tomorrow​ I'll send u the scanning reports... And one more question​ as if something Im able to see some kind of muscular blooded thing struck at my vaginal hole so what is that mam how could it be removed???? Or else it automatically comes out during bleedin???
Answered by Dr. Soumya 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
It will come out

Detailed Answer:

It will come out by itself.

Mean while wash vaginal opening with soap and warm water to keep it clean and dry.