Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Suggest tests to check HCG levels

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Hi... I took three pregnancy tests and all are positive. I had made an appointment to see a new Ob/GYN but they could not schedule anything before 3rd September. I really would like to see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure my hcg levels are correct and get a positive blood test. (Esp bring a bit older) How can I get the surgery to see me more quickly. I am a British person living in the States now so am not sure how it all works here.
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can see at Urgent care (Not ER)

Detailed Answer:

I am happy that the three pregnancy tests were positive. I know you are worried about early appointments as you are bit older than the average age of pregnancy.

I'd suggest you to see at the Urgent clinic in your area. Urgent care are low cost clinics managed by Primary care doctor / Physician assistants or Regd nurse practitioner. They can order simple tests Serum Beta HCG and if needed Ultrasound called Dating scan. They can prescribe you simple medications like Iron and Folic acid. This is the best way before you meet an actual trained OBGYN on 3rd september.

Meantime be in touch with the OBGYN's office and ask them to fit your appointment in case of any appointment cancellations, leave your number there. You can also say to them that you are new to the area and would need direct help from the OBGYN ASAP.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor