Suggest remedy for upper chest pain

Posted on Sat, 6 Jun 2015 in Cancer
Question: I am having a upper chest pain on the right side along with pain under colarbone over to the shoulder. i had ct scan done back in december and they found a swolen node in the upper chest. then they did blood test and a broncoskopy. no signs of cancer. pain went away after several months but now it is back again. i do have a problem with reflux and take medication for it. but i am at a loss. they are getting ready to do another ct scan and take another look but it seems we are off target or something.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Better to get done repeat CT thorax.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on HCM.
I can understand your concern.
Reflux is less likely cause for pain in that area.
Reflux causes pain in central chest area and epigastric area.
So no need to think of reflux as a cause for your pain.
Since you had history of node on CT scan in past, better to rule out recurrence of node at present.
Infection is the most common cause for recurrent lymphnode enlargement. Since you have negative work up for cancer previously, less chances of cancerous node enlargement.
Possibility of infective node enlargement is more.
So get done repeat CT thorax for the diagnosis of cause of your pain.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.
Thanks.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist