Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
Take him to the emergency if fever is still there
Thanks for asking on this platform
Sorry for the delayed reply.I can understand your concern.
If fever is still there even after giving 8 ml of Crocin and tepid sponging or if the child is very irritable and coughing persistently take him to the emergency.
If you have mefenemic acid (meftal p) syrup you can give it,as it is more potent than crocin (paracetamol) for bringing down the temperature.
The dose of mefenemic acid is 6-8 mg/kg 3 times a day.Each 5 ml contains 100 mg so for your baby 5 ml will be sufficient.
I would also like to give antibiotic like azithromycin,bronchodilator like salbutamol (asthalin/asthalinmbrodil s) and antiallergic like cetrizine for better relief.
All these are prescription medicines,so please get it prescribed by a physician.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Child cold feet fever and cough
- Severe fever shivering and loose motion
- Child fever 101 and cough
- Child has fever and cough given fepanil suggestion
- What is the remedy for dry cough and fever
- Child fever cough no bowel movement
- Suggest remedies for sore throat no fever and no cough
- Fever cough stomach ache child
- Child having hay fever with chesty cough remedy
- Had severe fever having hair loss problem suggestion