Suggest remedy for pelvic pain

Posted on Tue, 24 Nov 2015 in Eating Disorders
Question: I have pain on my left side of the pelvis, which just started
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.

It is most probably related neuromuscular origin but I will need more information regarding pain.

Can you describe more about pain? Whether it is dull or sharp?

Whether it is radiating to towards leg or upwards like stomach and lower abdomen or lower back?

Do you have any other symptoms apart from pain?

Any history of injury or fall down recently?

Any concurrent illness?

Kindly get back to me with this answers.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Sandip Kabra 10 hours later
After conducting a little more data, I believe it could be that it is hernia. If so, are there anything I can do to release the pain until I can get to a doctor? If hurt more when I set.
Thanks
Brief Answer:
tablet tylenol and movax for symptomatic relief.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the reply.

Hernia never causes pelvic pain unless the blood supply of the sac is blocked which is quite uncommon.

Anyway,I would suggest you some ways so thay you can have a better control of pain and your problems get better.

1) Take as much rest as you can until the pain subsides.

2) Don't lift heavy weight and do not push heavy objects try not to over stretch hip.

3) You can apply voveran gel (pain killer gel) on the affected area.

4) Warm compresses or sitting in warm bath tub will help losen up muscles.

5) you can take tablet tylenol for symptomatic relief.

6) I would also suggest my similar patients to take a muscle relaxant like movax twice a day which works by helping to relax the muscles.

In case,If things do not settle down then you consult an orthopedic doctor or neurologist further evaluation.

Hope this helps.

Dr.Sandip Kabra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Sandip Kabra