Suggest remedy for pain when suffering from herpes infection
Chance of transmission will be reduced or low.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) If you are on high dosage of VALTREX (Valaciclovir) for long period, then chance of HSV transmission will be REDUCED to your boyfriend or sex partner.
However, I suggest to undergo one PCR blood test to rule out genital herpes or HSV infection.
2) I suggest you to take painkiller (like Ibuprofen or Aceclofenac etc) if pain is unbearable. Ice-pack can be used locally to alleviate pain.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health. Good luck.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
Do PCR blood test every 2 years if partner is asymptomatic.
Thanks for follow up query.
Though, chance of HSV transmission to your boyfriend is LOW or reduced (as you are on Valtrex for longer period), I suggest him to undergo one PCR blood test every 2 years even if he is asymptomatic. It helps us to rule out SUB CLINICAL shedding where there is no visible outbreak and latent infection.
In short, though chances of transmission is quite low, regular screening will be essential.
Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion.
All the best and good luck.
Dr S Patra
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Herpes infection on face
- Herpes infection of the lungs
- Herpes infections causes
- Severe mucosal herpes infections
- Pain after curing herpes infection
- Genital herpes infection timeline
- Diagnosis of Herpes infections
- Symptoms of herpes infection
- Cutaneous herpes infection
- Is lower rib pain due to previous herpes infection