Suggest remedy for infection after injury on the frenulum
Just wanted to asked advice in snapped banjo string.
It has completely separated and there is a "slit" in the skin around the area. It's a thin slit like half an inch across where it separated.
The issue, while I know it won't reattach but will heal, what do I do to prevent infection. It's agony to pull it back . Trying to keep it clean. Using sudocreme on it but can it become infected if I just leave it to heal.
Betadine ointment application will be helpful.
Thank you for asking HCM.
I have gone through your query. You can pour warm saline and clean the area. This will give you a soothing effect. Avoid soaps and irritants. Slit if it is small then it might disappear while healing.
Betadine ointment application will be helpful for healing. Sudocrem is a nappy rash cream, betadine will be better than this. If there is no improvement or any signs of infection oral antibiotics will be needed.
You can keep some gauze piece around before putting your under wear. This will decrease the irritation also. If you keep it clean then it wont get infected.
Let me know if anything not clear. I am happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Eyebrow injury sinus infection
- Suggest treatment for infected crush injury of hand
- What is the remedy for a lump after an injury
- Frenulum injuries
- Tail bone injury infection
- Have ulnar nerve injury suggest remedies
- What is the remedy for swelling after an injury
- What is the remedy for headache after an injury
- Sinus infections brain injury
- Frenulum of prepuce injury
- Suggest medication for hair fall programe
- Suggest treatment for itchy bump on skin
- What causes dizziness and disorientation?
- What causes white patches on face after using Skinlite cream?
- Suggest treatment for scalp psoriasis
- Suggest remedy for dark upperlip post antibiotic allergy
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in chest
- Suggest treatment for high sugar levels
- What does this cholesterol test result indicate?
- What does low kidney functioning mean?