• question-icon

Suggest remedy for dizziness while suffering from depression

Posted on Fri, 27 May 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I'm 59 yo white male, with clogging arteries,high cholesterol, chronic mild depression.
Last 2 weeks have been having dizziness,mostly when waking up. When I sit up, after lying on my side, and my head becomes level, I'm getting extremely dizzy. The dizziness has been increasing in persistence, now up to 10 minutes after getting up. What could be the cause?
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
could be Postural Hypotension !!

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Dear !! Thanks for your query to HCM.

Read and reviewed the facts of your query in context to the health concern of increasing dizziness in last 2 weeks. This could be postural hypotension perhaps due to some of your medications. I would suggest to review the dosages of the anti-depressants and reduce it to acceptable levels (if deemed appropriate).

In the interim, your physician can also evaluate for other causes of such a positional dizziness- like Gastritis/Vertigo from labrynthitis/ accompanied undetected Sinusitis.

Therefore in my opinion, you should recheck with your attending doctor who would fix the cause amongst the possibilities discussed above and would treat it accordingly.

Hope this would resolve your worry and query both and would help you to plan for rightful treatment with help of your attending doctors there.
Welcome for any further query in this regard.

Good Day !!

Dr.Savaskar M.N. XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Mukund Savaskar

General Surgeon