Suggest remedy for dizziness post head injury

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Fri, 9 Oct 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: 2 days ago I slipped and hit the back of my head on the tiled floor,since yesterday I have noticed dizziness even when changing position even when in bed.There was no bleeding from the fall.After standing there are no dizzy feelings .
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not very serious head injury, symptoms will improve gradually

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Your head injury doesn't seems serious as you got no bleeding, loss of consciousness, headache, vomiting, seizures, motor weakness.
Dizziness while in supine position may be benign paroxysmal positional vertigo or some non specific vertiginous sensation.
You need to take pain killers if headache and tab betahistine(vertin) for vertigo for a week.
Consult a doctor or neurosurgeon/neurologist if symptoms progress.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back with further queries.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Neeraj Kumar 8 hours later
Thank you for your diagnosis,once I am upright and sitting for a few seconds the symtoms subside XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue as advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
You need not to worry at this stage and can safely monitor your symptoms.
If you found your dizziness uncontrollable or new symptoms arises you need to consult a doctor and undergo an imaging brain.
Get well soon.
Dr Neeraj Kumar