Suggest remedies for sore throat and stiff neck
Likely to be a viral/ bacterial infection
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Sore throats are usually following an infection either viral or bacterial. There can be enlargement of the lymph glands in the neck which can cause pain and restriction of neck movements. The neck stiffness may also occur in other conditions like cervical spondylosis.
If you don't have fever and are not very ill, you may take an antiseptic gargle and antiseptic lozenges which often helps relieve symptoms.
If persistent, it would be better to see a doctor, have yourself examined and tested.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.
You would find some relief with the use of muscle relaxants in addition to ibuprofen. Also sleep on a firm bed with no pillow or a very thin pillow. You could also use a balm locally.
You are welcome to get back to me if you have any query in the future.
Wish you a quick recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat stiff neck no fever
- Sore throat stiff neck drainage
- Sore throat with stiff neck and lump
- Sore throat and dizzy with stiff neck
- Stiff neck headache sore throat
- Sore throat stiff neck swollen tongue
- Sore throat and stiff neck and sinus
- Monthly stiff neck sore throat swollen glands
- Stiff neck painful weakness sore throat taking analgesics suggest
- Stiff neck and sore throat