Suggest remedies for sebaceous black spots around the anus

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: I have what appear to be sebaceous black spots around my anus. Possibly from old hair follicles. What can I do to remove them?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload the picture, might be sebaceous cyst

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.
Since when you have it?
It will be better if you can upload the pictures if possible, I'll go through them, I'll be in better position to provide you with specific advice.

Based on the information it appears to be small sebaceous cyst, ointment mupirocine twice daily for a week will be beneficial but I can only confirm after examination.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 37 minutes later
There are about 12 of these 'blackheads' , so not a cyst. Sadly I can't take a photo.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It might be skin tags or wart, examination required to confirm

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for coming back.
In the absence of the pictures, in my opinion, this could be warts or skin tags. Without an opportunity to see it and physically examine the lesion, I am unable to isolate the cause. Therefore I will suggest you see a doctor/dermatologist as and when feasible.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad