• question-icon

    What causes bumps in the pubic region?

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: What causes bumps in pubic area in men? The bumps looks like acne and folliculitis but without any pus
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for asking.
I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist).

Bumps in the pubic region could be either ingrown hair (if they happen every time after shaving) or they could be an STD like Molluscum Contagiosum or Genital Warts etc if in a sexually active person.

I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Answered by
Dr. Kakkar S.


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 8961 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Molluscum contagiosum

doctor1 MD

Hi. I noticed a bump on my boyfriend's penis. ( it's on the end, towards his testicles). We had sex and he used a condom and wore boxers. I don't...

doctor1 MD

Hello, 4 months ago i was diagnosed with prostatitis in China. During the treatment - which went on far too long because the doctors tried to cheat...

doctor1 MD

im in pain
my penis is burning. im 29 m 165pds with anxiety disorder. i was diagnosed as having molluscum contagiosum, CPPS, and HSV 1. none of...

doctor1 MD

I have a strange situation that has 'persisted' for years now. For at least 5 years now, I've had these bumps on my scrotum that don't seem to go...

doctor1 MD

What are these? Little to no irritation but i would like to know

doctor1 MD

Hello My 19 month old child seems to have molluscom on his buttox. Do you suggested we put an ointment of salicylic acid / lactic acid on the...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

196 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Kakkar S.
  • Q - Suggest treatment for thinning of skin

  • Q - Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?

  • Q - What casues allergic skin rash?

  • Q - How to diagnose herepes type 2?

  • Q - What causes white pimples in vagina?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain

  • Q - Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp

  • Q - What causes non itchy eruption on penis?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body