Suggest remedies for red rash in groin area
I would need some further info to help you better.
Thanks for writing.
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.
Can you please upload a picture of the rash? it will help me to give you a better explanation and i will be able to help you out in a better way.
I would also like you to answer a few questions as well.
1) Did you scratch the area?
2) Is it warm too?
3) Is there any ooze or discharge there?
4) Any possiblity of friction rash?
Waiting for your responce.
M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)
It does feel warm
It does generate (maybe ooze) some discharge
No possibility of friction causing the rash
Not possible to upland a picture but it seems to be decreasing somewhat in color and burning within the last 24 hours.
Am I going to receive a followup response after answering the questions 23 hours ago?
Here are a few things you can do.
Thanks for writing back,I believe you didn't get the response previously so sending it again.
Thanks for answering my questions, although picture would have been of great help but your description of symptoms and rash has led me to the opinion that it is an allergic rash.
There is nothing to be worried about but yes there are a few precautions you can take to make healing better.
1) Keep a good hygiene.
2) Do not rub or scratch the area.
3) Apply 0.1% hydrocortisone cream OTC.
4) Wear easy clothes preferably cotton. avoid synthetic
5) Protect the area from friction.
6) Take tablet citerizine 10mg daily at night for 5 nights.
7) If puss appears in the area, immediately contact your doctor although things seems to be improving already.
I hope this answers your question. If you have more questions You are welcome to asked. I apologize for the delay there must be a technical issue otherwise questions are answered in quick succession usually.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Female red rash groin area
- Chronic itchy red rashes in the groin
- Red rash either side of groin
- Red rash burns groin
- Painful red rash groin
- Recurring red rash in groin area burn and freque
- Red rash around baby groin
- Yellow red rash near groin
- Red rash in groin area
- Bumpy red rash from groin to abdomen